Inventory Unit Detail
2019 STIHL FC 96
A professional, straight-shaft edger powered by a proven low-emission engine.
The STIHL FC 96 professional edger doesn't just clean up edges in your landscape, it cuts you a new one. The FC 96 has all the hardworking features of the FC 95 but has more power. Featuring a low-emission engine, it has a larger fuel tank providing 30% longer run times than the previous model. So whether you're touching up existing walkways or creating new lines in dense, compacted soil, this edger helps you achieve a clean, finished appearance. It even features a vertical pleated paper air filter for extended service intervals, one touch stop and an easy three-step start procedure enabled by the semi-automatic choke lever. When you need a powerful edger, the FC 96 will give you the edge you're looking for.
- Stop Switch: With the Stop Switch, the equipment's ignition is always ready for starting. Products with this feature shut off easily by pressing and holding down the switch. When the switch is released, it returns to the start position automatically, reducing the number of steps needed to start the product.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- "Line of Sight" Marking: A notch on top of the edger's guard helps guide the user during use, allowing for increased control and helping to create cleaner, more precise cuts.
- Skid Plate: All STIHL edgers come equipped with a skid plate to protect the gearbox during use.
- "Open" Guard Design: The professional “open" guard design helps minimize clogging, allowing for more efficient cutting.
- Displacement: 28.4 cc (1.73 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.95 kW (1.27 bhp)
- Fuel Capacity: 710 cc (24.0 oz.)
- Blade Size: 20.3 cm (8.0 in.)
- Arbor Size: 25.4 mm (1.0 in.)
- Gear Ratio And Blade Speed: 1:2.09 4,800 rpm
- Power Source: gas
- Weight*: 6.2 kg (13.7 lb.)
- 1.73 cu. in. (28.4 cc)
- 13.7 lb. (6.2 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 24.0 oz. (710 cc)
- Blade Length
- 8.0 in. (20.3 cm)